vrijdag 17 augustus 2012

Jojoba oil and keratine.

Months have passed, and I have tested a few things. I've been testing two things at the same time, which is rather stupid but the second one wasn't planned, it just happend because I am way too clumsy.

First, my plan was to replace the coconut-oil I'd been using for quite a while (and was still in love with!) for Jojoba oil. Just to see how it would be. I have to say it made my hair even softer than the coconut-oil, hard to imagine that was even possible. I am thinking my hair could've gotten used to the coconut-oil, therefore after a few months of Jojoba I will go back to coconut, before trying the very very populair Argan-oil :D *Cant wait to try that one* But for now, I am pretty fond of my Jojoba-oil, and loving the softness.

By the way, I also tried to use Jojoba oil as a facial moisturizer, but that didn't end very well. I ended up having a few pimples and quit out of fear of looking like a 14year old again, haha! I read it works very well for other people, but I'm afraid my skin needs a less greasy moisturizer, the search continues!

And second! Sometimes when using leave-in conditioner I would use some of my small bottle of keratine. Keratine is one of the things that hair is made of, can also be found in nails, so it's a very natural thing. But do NOT confuse this with the "Brazilian Keratine Treatment", I am very much against that, I don't see how heating the hair (even with good and nurturing keratine in between!) can be good. So I will never do this, however my treatment looks a very small bit like it, except for you know.. the BOILING of all hair cuticles.

Anyway, as I said, I've been clumsy. The keratine comes in a very small bottle, and pouring just a little bit is a very hard thing to do. So now I had WAY too much, which seemed just about right :D After putting it in together with my leave-in conditioner (Yes to Cucumbers) I blow-dried my hair. So yes, some heat, but not 230 degrees like the real Keratine Treatment. It also looks good without blowdrying, but I noticed the incredible shininess after I blow-dried it, so I guess it had something to do with it, but I am not sure yet, will continue to test on that.

That's all for now. Gonna continue to use Jojoba and Keratine for while! And desperately search for a good facial cleanser, and moisturizer. Maybe I should visit the Lush store again.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Yes, its one of the very useful essential oils. A great information provided by you. I like it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I am satisfied with the post as well Hiya biotech that Jojoba Oil is the best remedy for beauty care.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. personal care options for themselves and their ... In 1970, we founded Tom's as one of the first makers of natural personal care products.
      Tom's Of Maine Personal Care Products

      Verwijderen